Say “i Do” to Giving Back
Eco-friendly weddings (“green weddings”) are increasing in popularity, demonstrating couples are making conscious efforts to reduce useless waste–something the wedding industry tends to be plagued with.
In addition to helping the environment, you can use your wedding as an opportunity to give back. Here are some current featured ways to say “I Do” to Giving Back during your wedding planning process:
- Donate in lieu of favors.
- Create a charitable registry with the I Do Foundation.
- Register locally
- Give a gift card that gives back / give a cause-worthy memento to your soon-to-be spouse.
- Buy gifts that give back for the Bridal Party.
- Buy gifts that give back for yourself.
- Buy Valentine’s Day gifts that give back.
- Buy gifts that give back for your mother.
- Donate your dress and save breasts.
- Donate your dress and help grieving parents.
- Buy beautiful jewelry made by beautiful women.
- Buy a cause-worthy engagement ring or wedding band.
- Don’t let your feet “stink”.
- Get in shape with the Woof Exercise.
- Take the challenge: You’re Beautiful!
- Pick good vendors.
- Donate leftover food.
- Brighten someone’s day with flowers.
- Support Wish Upon a Wedding.
- Buy locally.
- Use charity stamps.
- Use return address labels that support non-profit organizations.
- Feature adoptable animals in your table numbers.
- Buy cause-worthy invitations.
- Buy a ringbearer bowl that supports kiva.
- Buy a red carpet fit for a socially-conscious bride.
- Sell your wedding items in support of charity.